Livingston Open Day creates job opportunities
We recently held an Open Day at our Livingston office to promote Fair Start Scotland, the new employment support service and to showcase the great work we do.
It was well attended with people from the local community, giving them the opportunity to speak to:
• employers such as McDonalds, Cordant Security, Norton House, TJ Hughes, Marks and Spencer and Specialised Security about the different type of jobs available, what’s entailed and they type of work placements and trials on offer
• meet training providers to find out more about the type of training available in their field or geographical area
• meet supporting organisations such as Access to Work, Food Chain, Food Banks, Open Door Accommodation project and West Lothian College to help participants learn how to manage their finances and health and wellbeing.
• people currently receiving support through Fair Start Scotland and find out how it’s changed their life for the better
• the team to learn about what additional support we can offer and the type of live vacancies we have across all work areas such as cleaning, hospitality, security, retail and lots more.
Angela Speirs, Employer Services Consultant for StartScotland said “We had great turn out on the day, there was a really buzz about the place. Working together pays off as TJ Hughes left the day after making three job offers to our participants. It’s great sense of achievement when you know that you’ve helped someone find employment. We’ll definitely being running further events like this in the future”.